- Generate and maintain a inventory of all networked devices.
- Kete (Crystal device inventory)
- Include all necessary identification data.
- Store school devices in monitored centralised locations
Track all mobile devices all the school wireless devices.
- Operational at defined times (5pm to 8am weekdays and weekends/holidays).
- CCTV monitoring using EdSerf CCTV services.
Ability to track and disable device remotely upon request
- Display on a screen map available both online for staff and office.
- Crystal weathermap (for static devices)
- Wireless map (mobile device)
- Operational at defined times (8am to 5pm weekdays).
- Include ...ipads, chromebooks, macbooks, school laptops.
- Exclude ...TELA laptops and BYOD devices
- Aim to locate and disable but not prosecution.
- Consideration for user privacy needed.
- Crystal school greater than step 2.
- Enterprise level Wireless system (MoE approved)
- VPN, GRE tunnels or N4L layer 2 connection to EdSerf (CCTV).
- ICT support ...
- to install monitoring software onto device as necessary.
- Monitoring presence during "tracking' hours.
- Capital ...
- Monitoring environment ... small older networked Windows workstation (or co- process with another computer) and suitable TV/large display screen.
- Kete: Free with Crystal but will need several hours clean up time to ensure validity and reliability.
- Weathermap: Free with Crystal for basic configuration but several hours of device configuration is needed.
- Wireless map: Free but will need several hours configuration to ensure validity and reliability.
- Monitoring software: This has not been source or priced.
- Maintenance ...
- ICT staff install and managing software ... estimated 1 hour/week after initial setup.
- Office monitoring resources ... No cost but staff must be comfortable with the occasional viewing.
- EdSerf CCTV
- Device monitoring software.
- Tracking maps
- Kete (Crystal) inventory
- Tracking specific devices ...